Friday, September 11, 2009

Happy Getting-My-Laptop-Back Day!

It took three weeks and over $100, but my laptop is finally back and better than ever. Brand new hard drive, a new copy of MS Office, and cleared of a lot of the junk I'd let pile up on it over the past year or so. I'm a fairly negligent person when it comes to PC upkeep. Expect that to change after this whole deal. The bottom line is I didn't need a new computer, and as a newly minted poor grad student, that's a load off my financial mind.

I guess it's been a while since I've posted, so here are some quick movie recommendations. The summer was a rather shitty one at the multiplex, but here are a few late-season releases who worked to salvage things.

Go See:
'The Hurt Locker' - EXCELLENT war film
'500 Days of Summer' - Compared to the irony-tripped, cynical attitudes of my unfortunate generation, I've got a big soft spot for sentimentality. This film's got it in spades, and it's a great little 21st century romance
'Inglorious Basterds' - It's been splitting audiences as expected, but I enjoyed the hell out of it
'District 9' - The second coming of Jim Cameron? Too early to tell, but this director's got some serious action filmmaking chops. Once you figure out what the film believes it is, it's a fantastic splatter piece.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Garst said...

I thought D9 was pretty damn good and was waiting to hear your thoughts on it.

Also heard good things about Hurt Locker.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home